was founded by a group of Chinese customs brokers in Soeng Wad, a country’s main import/export business area at the time, on 14 January 1945 under the name of “Hieb-Ung Shipping Association.” The Association was later incorporated on 23 January 1947 under the registration number 324/2490. Its first office was located at 873-876 Soeng Wad road, Sampuntawong district, which was opposite from Hong-Yen Company. The name of the Association was changed to “Shipping Welfare Association” (“Po-Guang-Gong-Huay” in Chinese)
on 4 December 1962. The office was then moved to 2457/3 Rama 4 road, Klongtoey sub-district, Prakanong district and 137-141 Ta-rua road (changed to Soonton Gosa road in 1982), Klongtoey sub-district, Prakanong district in 1962 and 1968 respectively.